Home Page

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium



If you are being abused, it can be very difficult to see how you can change things. You may think that anything you do will make things worse.


It’s not easy to leave an abusive relationship. You may be worried about money, where you’ll live, how you will cope on your own and how it will affect your children. You may be worried about bringing shame on your family or even being disowned by your family.


There is help available. Ring the Domestic Violence Line on 1800 65 64 63.


The Domestic Violence Line is a free, statewide 24 hour telephone crisis counseling and referral service.

The line is staffed by trained female counsellors. They are also trained to help women who are from culturally and linguistically  diverse backgrounds. They can help you even if you live in the country or a remote area.


You can ring the Domestic Violence Line from anywhere in NSW, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


If English is not your first language, the Domestic Violence Line can arrange interpreters.


If you are in immediate danger (if your life or your children’s life is being threatened) call 000 and ask for the police.


Ring the Domestic Violence Line on 1800 65 64 63 – they can help you.


The Domestic Violence Line can help you:


·         Talk to the police and get legal help

·         Get hospital care and family support services

·         Obtain an Apprehended Violence Order (AVO)

·         Develop a safety plan for yourself and your children

·         Find emergency accommodation for you and your children.


The counsellors at the Domestic Violence Line won’t blame you or make you do anything you don’t want to do. They will listen to you. They can give you information on what you can do and help you decide on your options. You can ring them as often as you need to at any time, day or night.




Domestic and family violence is abusive behaviour by one person to control and dominate another person within a close relationship. It may include